HAVE YOU LOST A LOVED ONE DUE TO CORPORATE GREED OR GOVERNMENT INDIFFERENCE?
If the death of your loved one was caused by the negligence or fault of another, you may have grounds to file a wrongful death action. This is a complex area of the law requiring a highly skilled Michigan personal injury attorney. Garrison Law, PC is a formidable opponent that will aggressively pursue those responsible for your loss.
PURSUING JUSTICE IN WRONGFUL DEATH CASES
We know that this is a stressful time for your family. At Garrison Law, PC we take pride in the fact that we limit the number of cases we take to maximize the time and attention you deserve during this difficult time. We do our best to be your voice.
Pursuant to Michigan's Wrongful Death Act, the jury may award damages such as:
- All reasonable medical, hospital, funeral, and burial expenses for which the estate is liable;
- All reasonable compensation for the pain and suffering, while conscious, undergone by the deceased during the period intervening between the time of the injury and death; and,
- All damages for the loss of financial support and the loss of the society and companionship of the deceased.
Punitive damages, or financial punishment for bad behavior, may be available under some circumstances and if you have any questions about the applicability of punitive damages to your situation, you should contact us today.
While we can't promise to take your suffering away, or replace who you lost, we will promise to pursue your rights through the civil justice system.
An Overview of our practice
Some of the cases we are currently handling include:
- Wrongful suicide at a youth home
- Babysitter neglect causing death
- Auto negligence
- Dram Shop Act litigation
SUICIDES IN MICHIGAN'S CHILD CARING INSTITUTIONS, JAILS AND PRISON
Tragically, too many suicides occur in Michigan's youth homes, juvenile detention centers, jails and prisons. Suicide rates are much higher among incarcerated individuals than their community counter parts.